Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Benoit Fouche <b....@cross-systems.com> on 2000/03/31 11:57:07 UTC

How to access xml tag attribute with XSL ?

Hi,
I'm novice with XSL, and I'd like to know if it's posible to access to an
XML tag attribute using an XSL stylesheet associated with the XML doc ?

example:
    xml doc:
    <card id='menuCard' title='menu1'>
            Hello guys !
    </card>

    So, I would like to access to the "id" and "title" attributes of the tag
<card>...

I've writing this for the XSL stylesheet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">

<xsl:template match="/">
  <HTML>
  <BODY>
    <xsl:for-each select="wml/card">
    ...here i want to write the title of card...
          <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </BODY>
  </HTML>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Thank for helping me !
Ben.
bfouche@caramail.com

Re: How to access xml tag attribute with XSL ?

Posted by John Carroll <jc...@micromuse.com>.
Benoit Fouche wrote:

> Xsuse me John, but I think you do not understand my query...
> I'd like to access the attribut IN the XML DOCUMENT, and set it with the XSL
> stylesheet.
> (like the <xsl:value-of select='card'> but not the content of the tag
> <card>, just the attribut "id" that is in <card id='menuCard'>...
> So how can I recover this "id" attribut in the XML source ?

<xsl:value-of select="@title"/>    for value of the title attribute
or
<xsl:value-of select="@id"/>    for value of the id attribute

cheers,

John.

Re: How to access xml tag attribute with XSL ?

Posted by John Carroll <jc...@micromuse.com>.
Benoit Fouche wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm novice with XSL, and I'd like to know if it's posible to access to an
> XML tag attribute using an XSL stylesheet associated with the XML doc ?
>
> example:
>     xml doc:
>     <card id='menuCard' title='menu1'>
>             Hello guys !
>     </card>
>
>     So, I would like to access to the "id" and "title" attributes of the tag
> <card>...
>
> I've writing this for the XSL stylesheet:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>   <HTML>
>   <BODY>
>     <xsl:for-each select="wml/card">
>     ...here i want to write the title of card...

>           <xsl:apply-templates/>
>     </xsl:for-each>
>   </BODY>
>   </HTML>