Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by ymaraner <tp...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 20:09:41 UTC

MDB activation broken in 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-80

I have a number of MDBs that were originally developed as EJB2.1 MDBs. They
were upgraded to 3.x MDBs by modifying the version of the deployment
descriptor.

When I deploy them to 1.5.1 or an early snapshot of 1.5.2, they are invoked
when an appropriate message is posted on the JMS Queue.

When I deploy them to 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-80, they are never invoked and there
are no errors or warnings produced even though an appropriate message is
posted on the JMS Queue.

What changed in 1.5.2 that would prevent this from working?

Is there a work-around?

My activation-config looks like this in the ejb-jar.xml file:

-----
- Tim

Re: MDB activation broken in 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-80

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I just downloaded and
installed apache-tomee-1.6.0-20130312.041113-27-plus.zip on my development
server, and TomEE/ActiveMQ is still working as designed for me as my app
implements TomEE's (very) simple MDB example (without/no consumer, just
producer, MDB w/ onMessage()).

Currently, i have apache-tomee-1.6.0-20130224.041120-11-plus.zip running on
production server, and really i have no need to use latest version of TomEE
1.6.0 SNAPSHOT, but this thread motivated me to download latest snapshot,
test, and wanted to report my test results here.

Posted by ymaraner <tp...@gmail.com>.
It turns out that when I originally configured the queues in tomee.xml, I
specified destination values that were being ignored. They are no longer
ignored and they were incorrect. My messages were being sent to the wrong
queue.

needed to be changed to:

-----

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
did you check activemq versions, we upgraded (i dont remember if it matches
your dates) and can be the issue

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by ymaraner <tp...@gmail.com>.
No problem, I'll see what I can come up with.

Tim Haley

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ymaraner <tp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.