Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2018/05/03 18:13:50 UTC

Badges on /download/code page? (Pull request, Travis)

Should we show GitHub pull request count buttons on our
Code Download page?

Have a look at staging:
http://taverna.staging.apache.org/download/code/

This highlighted to me that we've missed some old open pull requests..
so I think having such a status list is quite good for us.. also hints
to people that they can make pull requests.

http://shields.io/ have loads of badges! I think if we pick up others
they would fit better in README.md though.

It's even possible to get build status from our own Jenkins with URLs
like:

https://img.shields.io/jenkins/s/https/builds.apache.org/job/incubator-taverna-language.svg

.. so I tried adding that as well on staging.

Now this means it will be more "in our face" when there's a
build-failing (like now in workbench-common-activities)
or a forgotten pull request (like in incubator-taverna-plugin-gis).

What do you think? Is it too.. embarassing? Messy? Modern?
Or shall we just push this live?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
The University of Manchester

Re: Badges on /download/code page? (Pull request, Travis)

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 07 May 2018 17:30:21 +0000, Sagar <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is great. It will help us to know the status of the repository
> without getting into it.

Great! Now live at
https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/download/code/

I also updated
https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/publications
and
https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/references

.. and pinged those (still) missing Open Access preprints.

Posted by Sagar <ku...@gmail.com>.