Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Behrens <ja...@diekleinedomain.de> on 2003/04/01 21:46:56 UTC

Tomcat not excepting changes in web-app

I am re-posting this as I still hope that anyone of the cracks out there can
help me....

Hi List,

I keep on having the following trouble...

I have a web-app that connects to a database, the connection parameters are
stored in a static class that serves only this particular cause. Whenever I
need to deploy to a new context (e.g. DB Server) I get the following error:

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot connect to MySQL server on OLD_DB_SERVER:3306.
Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to connect
to? (java.net.ConnectException)

Where OLD_DB_SERVER would be the name of the formerly used parameters. It
seems that Tomcat stores those seetings somewhere, even if I remove the whole
class, that Exception is thrown.

My setup:
Server Version	Apache Tomcat/4.1.12
JVM Version 	1.4.0-b92
JVM Vendor 		Sun Microsystems Inc.
OS Name 		Windows 2000
OS Version 		5.0
OS Arch 		x86

I have tried to start/restart the server, delete whats in <TOMCAT_ROOT>/work/,
reloading through the web-app Manager, constant recompiling of class in
question as well as combinations of these. So far nothing seemed to solve the
problem. Eventually (after ages) he has, so far at least, excepted the
changes - but I am going nuts trying all those steps without any clue as to
how this should really work.

Am I not seeing the obvious, or has anyone made similar experiences?

Regards

Jan