Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kejia Ye <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/09 09:09:39 UTC

How to enable UNO services through Script on other platforms except Windows?

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to AOO and calling some UNO services by a script. I
found a solution about
Automation_Bridge<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/Bridge/Automation_Bridge>and
it works for me, but it can only be used on Windows, due to the COM
implementation dependency.

Does anybody know is there any method that I can run a script to control
AOO remotely on other platforms, like Linux or Mac?

thanks!
Ke Jia

Re: How to enable UNO services through Script on other platforms except Windows?

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org>.
On 9/9/2013 2:38 PM, Kejia Ye wrote:
> I'm using LotusScript, a script language used in Lotus Notes, also
> described as "BASIC-like". It is useful to access and export the back-end
> data. And I'm thinking to use it to export the data and generate
> spreadsheet reports from AOO directly.
>
> Is there some
>  similar samples or experience to do things like that? Maybe something like
> VB scripts?
In addition to the scripting languages Jürgen pointed out you may also use the scripting languages
that come also with AOO like JavaScript and BeanShell.

If you are in the "Lotus corner" you might be acquainted with the Rexx (IBM's original SAA scripting
language) and/or the opensource Open Object Rexx (http://www.ooRexx.org) scripting language. The
Windows implementation of ooRexx supports COM/OLE/ActiveX and allows you to access e.g. Lotus Notes
via the COM interfaces (transcribing the Lotus script code).

You can get at a cross-platform solution to interface with Lotus Notes and with AOO from ooRexx by
adding the BSF4ooRexx package (https://sourceforge.net/projects/bsf4oorexx/), which allows one to
exploit any Java bridges (to Notes or to AOO) with the syntax and ease of the ooRexx scripting
languages. The camouflaging support of BSF4ooRexx turns Java conceptually into the interpreted,
dynamically typed and case-independent ooRexx

---rony

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu.ac.at>.

Posted by Kejia Ye <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.