Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2021/10/06 09:28:43 UTC

git scm + 5.1 release

Hi Torque Devs,
a) I suggest to change our scm from svn to git and site preparation to
asf-site. Some of us are committers in Apache Turbine project as well,
which is a main user of Torque ORM. This project just did this migration
step. It might be consistent to do this lifting for the Torque project as
well ? Additionally it might occur, that it will be a requirement in the
near future, as db.apache.org is according to the following site a
subversion website using a deprecated Subversion URL ((search for "db").
https://infra-reports.apache.org/site-source/
What's your opinion? As far as I can see, we could this way also simplify
the torque-site module, where some effort is required (ant builds) to get
all the other modules integrated into one folder, which might be not
necessary using asf-site site building, which supports hierarchical
(nested) subdirs ..

b) Do you think we should prepare a 5.1 release? We have some changes for
Torque mysql configuration, a new AvgHelper and minor fixes. This might be
more of a maintenance release, but I think we could do a minor version
increment nevertheless ..
But there is still one open issue in JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TORQUE/issues/TORQUE-355?filter=allopenissues
We might first resolve this ..

Best regards, Georg