Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Len Shein <ls...@solveda.com> on 2015/09/30 21:58:36 UTC

Bootstrap in Ofbiz/BigFish

I understand this topic has been kicked around in the community, however I
have not seen much on the topic lately.

We are looking to implement bootstrap into our BigFish
<http://bigfish.solveda.com/>  extension of Ofbiz.  Before we do I was
wondering if anyone in the community has already done some work in this
area?

We were thinking about creating a Bootstrap visual theme; this theme would
be pulled into the pages before the current theme (ie. Flat Grey).
Essentially making the current theme a 'skin' which overrides the base
(Bootstrap).

The next step would be to modify the screen decorators to define the base
(container-fluid, row) Bootstrap class names.

Of course the next task would be to go through the FTL's and generate
bootstrap components and class names; a cumbersome job but certainly doable.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Len Shein

lshein@solveda.com <ma...@solveda.com>

Office: 516.742.7888 ext.225

Home Office: 732.333.4303

Cell: 917.882.8515

Re: Bootstrap in Ofbiz/BigFish

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Yes, there has been work done on this. Check Jira for the Bootstrap issue.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com