Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2007/12/20 18:00:29 UTC

[vote] new committer

I would like to propose a new committer to the Jetspeed and Apache
Portals team.
Dennis Dam has been very active and helpful to both the Jetspeed
community and the developers the last year and consistently proved to
have a very good understanding of the architecture and implementation
of Jetspeed-2.

He has contributed to really all aspects of the project:
- reviewing patches of others, like:
     JS2-809: Add table schema aware datasource proxy
- checking and improving the codebase, like:
     JS2-727: Appy Findbugs patches checking Jetspeed code using
findbugs and providing a list of fixes/improvements based on it
- reporting issues as well as *always* providing complete and valid
patches for them, like:
     JS2-692: Fragment ids are not automatically created, causing
runtime errors
     JS2-814: Ldap User DN is incorrectly calculated when search
filterBase is empty
     JS2-815: SSOIframePortlet doesn't save changed remote principal
name
     JS2-826: Invalid DN values in group/role member attributes
result in null pointer dereferences in the BasePrincipalImpl class
- providing complete new features, like:
     JS2-720: Support for NTLM authentication with optional fallback
authentication method
     JS2-723: Option to configure DB PSML from the installer
- helping out with several issues like upgrading Castor and fixing
test cases like for the decorations and layout
- joining discussions and providing very insightful comments
- and very impressively helping out others on the mailing list:
   he always is very friendly, patient and persistent in trying to
understand and solve other ones problems

In short, Dennis is displaying everything we look for in a Apache
committer and will be a great addition to our team.

Note, when voting please respond to the Portals Discussion list, and
CC jetspeed-dev

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Ralph

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Dec 20, 2007, at 9:00 AM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> I would like to propose a new committer to the Jetspeed and Apache
> Portals team.
> Dennis Dam has been very active and helpful to both the Jetspeed
> community and the developers the last year and consistently proved
> to have a very good understanding of the architecture and
> implementation of Jetspeed-2.
>
> He has contributed to really all aspects of the project:
> - reviewing patches of others, like:
>     JS2-809: Add table schema aware datasource proxy
> - checking and improving the codebase, like:
>     JS2-727: Appy Findbugs patches checking Jetspeed code using
> findbugs and providing a list of fixes/improvements based on it
> - reporting issues as well as *always* providing complete and valid
> patches for them, like:
>     JS2-692: Fragment ids are not automatically created, causing
> runtime errors
>     JS2-814: Ldap User DN is incorrectly calculated when search
> filterBase is empty
>     JS2-815: SSOIframePortlet doesn't save changed remote principal
> name
>     JS2-826: Invalid DN values in group/role member attributes
> result in null pointer dereferences in the BasePrincipalImpl class
> - providing complete new features, like:
>     JS2-720: Support for NTLM authentication with optional fallback
> authentication method
>     JS2-723: Option to configure DB PSML from the installer
> - helping out with several issues like upgrading Castor and fixing
> test cases like for the decorations and layout
> - joining discussions and providing very insightful comments
> - and very impressively helping out others on the mailing list:
>   he always is very friendly, patient and persistent in trying to
> understand and solve other ones problems
>
> In short, Dennis is displaying everything we look for in a Apache
> committer and will be a great addition to our team.
>
> Note, when voting please respond to the Portals Discussion list,
> and CC jetspeed-dev

+1

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Dec 20, 2007, at 9:00 AM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> I would like to propose a new committer to the Jetspeed and Apache
> Portals team.
> Dennis Dam has been very active and helpful to both the Jetspeed
> community and the developers the last year and consistently proved
> to have a very good understanding of the architecture and
> implementation of Jetspeed-2.
>
> He has contributed to really all aspects of the project:
> - reviewing patches of others, like:
>     JS2-809: Add table schema aware datasource proxy
> - checking and improving the codebase, like:
>     JS2-727: Appy Findbugs patches checking Jetspeed code using
> findbugs and providing a list of fixes/improvements based on it
> - reporting issues as well as *always* providing complete and valid
> patches for them, like:
>     JS2-692: Fragment ids are not automatically created, causing
> runtime errors
>     JS2-814: Ldap User DN is incorrectly calculated when search
> filterBase is empty
>     JS2-815: SSOIframePortlet doesn't save changed remote principal
> name
>     JS2-826: Invalid DN values in group/role member attributes
> result in null pointer dereferences in the BasePrincipalImpl class
> - providing complete new features, like:
>     JS2-720: Support for NTLM authentication with optional fallback
> authentication method
>     JS2-723: Option to configure DB PSML from the installer
> - helping out with several issues like upgrading Castor and fixing
> test cases like for the decorations and layout
> - joining discussions and providing very insightful comments
> - and very impressively helping out others on the mailing list:
>   he always is very friendly, patient and persistent in trying to
> understand and solve other ones problems
>
> In short, Dennis is displaying everything we look for in a Apache
> committer and will be a great addition to our team.
>
> Note, when voting please respond to the Portals Discussion list,
> and CC jetspeed-dev

+1

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Welcome to the team, Dennis. It's great to have you. :)

Regards,

Woonsan

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>.

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
+1

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
+1

David Sean Taylor wrote:
> I would like to propose a new committer to the Jetspeed and Apache
> Portals team.
> Dennis Dam has been very active and helpful to both the Jetspeed
> community and the developers the last year and consistently proved to
> have a very good understanding of the architecture and implementation of
> Jetspeed-2.
>
> He has contributed to really all aspects of the project:
> - reviewing patches of others, like:
>     JS2-809: Add table schema aware datasource proxy
> - checking and improving the codebase, like:
>     JS2-727: Appy Findbugs patches checking Jetspeed code using findbugs
> and providing a list of fixes/improvements based on it
> - reporting issues as well as *always* providing complete and valid
> patches for them, like:
>     JS2-692: Fragment ids are not automatically created, causing runtime
> errors
>     JS2-814: Ldap User DN is incorrectly calculated when search
> filterBase is empty
>     JS2-815: SSOIframePortlet doesn't save changed remote principal name
>     JS2-826: Invalid DN values in group/role member attributes result in
> null pointer dereferences in the BasePrincipalImpl class
> - providing complete new features, like:
>     JS2-720: Support for NTLM authentication with optional fallback
> authentication method
>     JS2-723: Option to configure DB PSML from the installer
> - helping out with several issues like upgrading Castor and fixing test
> cases like for the decorations and layout
> - joining discussions and providing very insightful comments
> - and very impressively helping out others on the mailing list:
>   he always is very friendly, patient and persistent in trying to
> understand and solve other ones problems
>
> In short, Dennis is displaying everything we look for in a Apache
> committer and will be a great addition to our team.
>
> Note, when voting please respond to the Portals Discussion list, and CC
> jetspeed-dev

--------------------------------------
New Design Yahoo! JAPAN  2008/01/01
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/newdesign/

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Ralph

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Mohan K R <km...@gmail.com>.
+1

(Don't know whether it matters or not :))

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
El jue, 20-12-2007 a las 09:00 -0800, David Sean Taylor escribió:
> I would like to propose a new committer to the Jetspeed and Apache
> Portals team.
> Dennis Dam has been very active and helpful to both the Jetspeed
> community and the developers the last year and consistently proved to
> have a very good understanding of the architecture and implementation
> of Jetspeed-2.

+1

RE: [vote] new committer

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Re: [vote] new committer

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
+1

--- David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose a new committer to the Jetspeed and Apache
> Portals team.
> Dennis Dam has been very active and helpful to both the Jetspeed
> community and the developers the last year and consistently proved to
> have a very good understanding of the architecture and implementation
> of Jetspeed-2.
>
> He has contributed to really all aspects of the project:
> - reviewing patches of others, like:
>      JS2-809: Add table schema aware datasource proxy
> - checking and improving the codebase, like:
>      JS2-727: Appy Findbugs patches checking Jetspeed code using
> findbugs and providing a list of fixes/improvements based on it
> - reporting issues as well as *always* providing complete and valid
> patches for them, like:
>      JS2-692: Fragment ids are not automatically created, causing
> runtime errors
>      JS2-814: Ldap User DN is incorrectly calculated when search
> filterBase is empty
>      JS2-815: SSOIframePortlet doesn't save changed remote principal
> name
>      JS2-826: Invalid DN values in group/role member attributes
> result in null pointer dereferences in the BasePrincipalImpl class
> - providing complete new features, like:
>      JS2-720: Support for NTLM authentication with optional fallback
> authentication method
>      JS2-723: Option to configure DB PSML from the installer
> - helping out with several issues like upgrading Castor and fixing
> test cases like for the decorations and layout
> - joining discussions and providing very insightful comments
> - and very impressively helping out others on the mailing list:
>    he always is very friendly, patient and persistent in trying to
> understand and solve other ones problems
>
> In short, Dennis is displaying everything we look for in a Apache
> committer and will be a great addition to our team.
>
> Note, when voting please respond to the Portals Discussion list, and
> CC jetspeed-dev

Be a better friend, newshound, and