Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Allan Moraes <al...@allanmoraes.com.br> on 2016/03/23 21:44:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Server is going down after too many reloads (graceful)

I have a server with more than 1,000 sites and the creation of these sites
is automatic. Often multiple domains are created at the same time and are
given several systemctl reload httpd.service. Apache to only generates no
errors and logs or if I run a systemctl start httpd.service, apache back to
work. Is there any way to fix this or I add sites without getting giving
reload the service?

Re: [users@httpd] Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?

Posted by David <15...@qq.com>.
It is my first time to use the apache email list.

  I am sorry for misunderstanding the email list rule.

 I thought the email list identifies the different topic by title.

 Thank you for your explanation

 David

  From:  "Kees Nuyt";<k....@zonnet.nl>;
 Date:  Fri, Mar 25, 2016 05:57 PM
 To:  "users"<us...@httpd.apache.org>;

 Subject:  Re: [users@httpd] Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 16:30:02 +0800, David wrote:

> Thank you in advance for reading the email.
> In Apache, the web root is configured in httpd.conf file by "ServerRoot" setting.
> The "ServerRoot" setting is always like "D:/Web/", it can not be configured to memeory block.
> but I want to generate the php file in memory dynamicly and don't want to save the php file into hard disk.
> Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?
> If the Apache can run the special php file, how to configure or modify the Apache?

Please do not hijack existing threads with new questions.

I don't know of a way to run a piece of PHP from the memory of
some program, and I wonder what problem you think that would
solve.

You could obtain a similar performance effect by using:

- a so-called RAM-disk
- a filesystem in memory, e.g. /tmp in Solaris and Linux

By the way, perhaps ServerRoot is not what you should use,
DocumentRoot is probably what you mean.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#serverroot
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#documentroot
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html#scriptalias

If you decide to follow-up: please state the primary problem you
are trying to solve, instead of issues with the solution you
thought was best. There might be better solutions.

> Thanks again.
>
> David
>
> 2016-03-25

Kees Nuyt

Re: [users@httpd] Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?

Posted by Kees Nuyt <k....@zonnet.nl>.
On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 16:30:02 +0800, David wrote:

> Thank you in advance for reading the email.
> In Apache, the web root is configured in httpd.conf file by "ServerRoot" setting.
> The "ServerRoot" setting is always like "D:/Web/", it can not be configured to memeory block.
> but I want to generate the php file in memory dynamicly and don't want to save the php file into hard disk.
> Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?
> If the Apache can run the special php file, how to configure or modify the Apache?

Please do not hijack existing threads with new questions.

I don't know of a way to run a piece of PHP from the memory of
some program, and I wonder what problem you think that would
solve.

You could obtain a similar performance effect by using:

- a so-called RAM-disk
- a filesystem in memory, e.g. /tmp in Solaris and Linux

By the way, perhaps ServerRoot is not what you should use,
DocumentRoot is probably what you mean.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#serverroot
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#documentroot
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html#scriptalias

If you decide to follow-up: please state the primary problem you
are trying to solve, instead of issues with the solution you
thought was best. There might be better solutions.

> Thanks again.
>
> David
>
> 2016-03-25

Kees Nuyt

Re: [users@httpd] Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?

Posted by Keith Roberts <ke...@ecric.nhs.uk>.
On 25 Mar 2016, at 10:15, Michael A. Peters <mp...@domblogger.net> wrote:

> On 03/25/2016 01:56 AM, David wrote:
>> Sorry, there is a mistake in previous email.
>> The "ServerRoot" should be "DocumentRoot".
>> My purpose:
>> If the Apache can run the php file in memory, then it means that I can
>> package the php files, then restore the php files in memory and run the
>> php files.
>> The end user will not see the php files, maybe it is a method to protect
>> the php files.
>> Somebody has suggested the zend tool, but the end user will will many
>> php files, I think it is not good method.
>> David
>
> Sounds like you are trying to protect your source code. Or possibly hide the fact that you are using someone else's source code.
>
> Zend use to have a way of encrypting php files, not sure if they still do.

I’d suggest taking a look at this here for encoding PHP scripts:

http://www.ioncube.com/php_encoder.php?page=features

Not a free solution but you can test it out with the free trial, which I did some years ago.

PHP Encoder 9.0
With the ionCube Encoder, you can...
Encode PHP scripts with compiled bytecode for best performance and protection.
Use PHP language features up to PHP 5.6.
Produce encoded PHP files to run on the latest PHP 5.6 and earlier.
Encrypt non-PHP files such as XML and templates.
Generate license files to restrict access to encoded files (Pro/Cerberus editions).
Enable obfuscation of variables and function, method and class names.
Encode PHP shell scripts.
Prevent file tampering through use of digital signatures.
Prevent replacement of files by unauthorised ones.
Generate files to expire on a given date or after a time period (Pro/Cerberus editions).
Restrict files to run on any combination of IP addresses and/or server names (Pro/Cerberus editions).
Restrict files to run on specific MAC addresses (Cerberus edition).
Integrate with the ionCube Package Foundry.
Add readable comments to encoded files for custom copyright, license details etc.
Have custom messages and custom handling when files expire or aren't permissioned to run.
And more!
Kind Regards,

Keith

Tel: 01223 724473
PHE VoIP: 24473
keith.roberts@phe.gov.uk

Re: [users@httpd] Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?

Posted by "Michael A. Peters" <mp...@domblogger.net>.
On 03/25/2016 01:56 AM, David wrote:
> Sorry, there is a mistake in previous email.
> The "ServerRoot" should be "DocumentRoot".
> My purpose:
> If the Apache can run the php file in memory, then it means that I can
> package the php files, then restore the php files in memory and run the
> php files.
> The end user will not see the php files, maybe it is a method to protect
> the php files.
> Somebody has suggested the zend tool, but the end user will will many
> php files, I think it is not good method.
> David

Sounds like you are trying to protect your source code. Or possibly hide
the fact that you are using someone else's source code.

Zend use to have a way of encrypting php files, not sure if they still do.

Simply generating them in memory won't be good enough because they can
just be read from memory by the end user.

However it should be pointed out that many system administrators would
never run php code on their server where they can not read the source code.

There's no way to audit the security of what it is doing if you can't
read the source files. There also is no way to easily port it to a new
version of php or fix minor bugs.

Re: [users@httpd] Can the Apache run the php files which is created in memory dynamicly ?

Re: [users@httpd] Server is going down after too many reloads (graceful)

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
No. mod_ssl only loads settings on restart. I haven't used either of the
other modules, but I expect they are similar.

- Y

Posted by Allan Moraes <al...@allanmoraes.com.br>.

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.