Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/02 13:08:42 UTC

How to bind a single page class to multiple mounted URLs

We have a couple different 'flows' in our application, but each flow often
shares certain pages in common, and we of course reuse the page class.  If
someone times out and then hit refresh or performs a screen action, my team
would like to direct the user to the starting page of THAT FLOW to resume.

But I can only mount a particular class to one URL it seems.

	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/type", TypePage.class));
	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/contact",
ContactPage.class));

If for example the two above pages had roles in flow A, B, and C, I'd like
to do this:

	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/a/type",
TypePage.class));
	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/a/contact",
ContactPage.class));
	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/b/type",
TypePage.class));
	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/b/contact",
ContactPage.class));
	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/c/type",
TypePage.class));
	mount(new MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("/c/contact",
ContactPage.class));

Then I would try to pick up that URL context from the request to alter which
flow the page is part of.  But Wicket doesn't seem to want to let me do
that.  Is there a better way?  I tried putting a parameter into the URL, but
there definitely seems to be a limitation that I can't repeat the class.  I
could write a dummy child for each class, but that just seems ugly.

What's the right way to solve this problem?

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html