Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Will Rogers <wj...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 21:45:24 UTC

buildr package doesn't notice changed resources or xsd?

I have a project that has some configuration files in
src/main/resources and some schema files in src/main/xsd. I'm using
buildr/xmlbeans and the compile_xml_beans function to process the
latter.

If I change a file in either src/main/resources or src/main/xsd and
then run "buildr package", the package task does not rebuild the jar.
In fact, if I add a completely new file to src/main/resources, it
doesn't even get copied to target/resources on the next "buildr
package". Detecting changed/added files seems screwy in general.

The build system not maintaining its output package correctly is bad.
Is this a bug? Are my expectations out of whack? Or am I doing
something wrong?

-- Will

Re: buildr package doesn't notice changed resources or xsd?

Posted by Will Rogers <wj...@gmail.com>.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-391

Re: buildr package doesn't notice changed resources or xsd?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Will Rogers <wj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a project that has some configuration files in
> src/main/resources and some schema files in src/main/xsd. I'm using
> buildr/xmlbeans and the compile_xml_beans function to process the
> latter.
>
> If I change a file in either src/main/resources or src/main/xsd and
> then run "buildr package", the package task does not rebuild the jar.
> In fact, if I add a completely new file to src/main/resources, it
> doesn't even get copied to target/resources on the next "buildr
> package". Detecting changed/added files seems screwy in general.
>
> The build system not maintaining its output package correctly is bad.
> Is this a bug? Are my expectations out of whack? Or am I doing
> something wrong?

Bug.  I just tried a simple example and the resources task does not seem to
detect changes where it should.   Please file a bug and we'll take care of
it promptly.

alex