Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rachid Drissi <rd...@nmsu.edu> on 2003/11/05 21:24:08 UTC

free ftp utils

Hi All,

Is any  free java utils to send mails , aatchements,  ftp  files using
java ?

Thanks,
Rachid.

Error Handling without using errorPage directive

Posted by Jonathan Gordon <st...@kinobe.com>.
Hello all,

I'd like to handle any and all exceptions handled thrown by my JSP pages
declaratively, ideally using <global-exceptions> in struts-config.
Currently, I have a JSP page called by a tile that uses the JSTL Tag
Library.  Using the c tag I perform a check like this:

<c:if test="${!empty featuredProductView.title}">
... do some work ...
</c:if>

If the method getTitle() throws an exception, I currently see the
following on the screen:

-- snip --
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: An error
occurred while evaluating custom action attribute "test" with value
"${!empty featuredProductView.title}": An error occurred while getting
property "title" from an instance of class
com.mandaladesigns.apps.commerce.framework.view.FeaturedProductView
(com.mandaladesigns.common.exceptions.MandalaException)
-- snip --

This also appears in the tomcat localhost log along with the stack
trace.  But what's really interesting to me is the data I placed in
com.mandaladesigns.common.exceptions.MandalaException, which is my own
exception type that subclasses RuntimeException.  Though explicitly
using an errorPage directive in the page works, I'd like to avoid having
to place an errorPage directive in all of my JSP files.

So, is there a way that I can place a directive, either in web.xml or
struts-config.xml that will handle these exceptions?  It seems that
using <error-page> in web.xml and <global-exception> in
struts-config.xml directives are not consulted for this situation.  I've
created entries for every type of exception that seems relevant in both
places but they don't seem to be getting called.

Thanks for your help,

Jonathan.

[OT] Re: free ftp utils

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.
Rachid Drissi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is any  free java utils to send mails , aatchements,  ftp  files using
> java ?

I think the .NET, Javascript, and DogFancy mailing lists discuss
this a lot. Have you tried posting this question to one of those
lists? I also heard of this thing called Google. I'm not sure what
Google is, but it might be worth a try first.

--
Rick

Re: free ftp utils

Posted by Rachid Drissi <rd...@nmsu.edu>.
Thanks,  but what I meant is something  like iNet Factory from jscape

checkout this website http://www.jscape.com/inetfactory/index.html

Re: free ftp utils

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.