Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Warren Bell <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/15 02:54:11 UTC

Re: InstantiationException on my classes and not standard (HashMap) classes

Kengkaj Sathianpantarit wrote:

No it did not have a no-args constructor. I added one and everything
works now. I could have sworn it worked before. I should know this but,
if you do not have any constructors in your classes is a default no-args
one made for you. And if you have other constructors in your class but
no no-args constructor then there is no no-args constructor made for
you? I know its something like that. That would explain why it stopped
working. I just added a constructor with args to the User class.

Thanks,

Warren

> Do you have a public no-args contructor in the User class?
>
> Kengkaj
>
> On 3/14/09, Warren Bell <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am getting an InstantiationException on all of my classes and not
>> standard java classes such as java.util.* It just started happening, I
>> do not know what I changed. It is happening on all of my classes in all
>> of my sqlMaps. It works fine if I replace my class with a HasMap. It
>> looks like Ibatis can't find my classes or for some reason java can not
>> load them? Here is the exception:
>>
>>  org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: SqlMapClient
>> operation; uncategorized SQLException for SQL []; SQL state [null];
>> error code [0];
>> --- The error occurred in
>> com/scanman/persistence/sqlmapdao/sql/catapult/user-catapult.xml.
>> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
>> --- Check the User.authenticateUserResult.
>> --- The error occured while instantiating the result object
>> --- Cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: JavaBeansDataExchange could not
>> instantiate result class.  Cause: java.lang.InstantiationException:
>> com.scanman.domain.general.User; nested exception is
>> com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
>> --- The error occurred in
>> com/scanman/persistence/sqlmapdao/sql/catapult/user-catapult.xml.
>> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
>> --- Check the User.authenticateUserResult.
>> --- The error occured while instantiating the result object
>> --- Cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: JavaBeansDataExchange could not
>> instantiate result class.  Cause: java.lang.InstantiationException:
>> com.scanman.domain.general.User
>>
>> I am using Spring-DAO 2.0.8 and Ibatis 2.3
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Warren Bell

Warren Bell
909-645-8864