Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frers Michael <fr...@Sisis.de> on 2003/10/22 17:54:24 UTC

Tiles and Frames

Hello

did anyone ever tried to combine Frames and Tiles?

i want to build a page with one left and one right frame.

is there any chance to build frames with tiles?

(i need the frames because i get results from database slowly and want to print results as soon as they arrive)

if i only use tiles without frames tiles is waiting till all results are printed in left side and then prints the right side

so i want to define the frames in my masterlayout looking like
<frameset cols="30%,70%" border=1 frameborder=1 framespacing=1>
 <frame src="left" name="menu">
 frame src="right" name="workplace">
 </frameset>

so how can i use now the

<tiles:insert attribute="left"/>

instead of left?

all still clear? (*i hope so*)

Michael

Re: Tiles and Frames

Posted by Sonam Belbase <So...@morganstanley.com>.
Michael,

Not sure if this works, but I thought I might suggest this:

<frame src="<tiles:getAsString name='left'/>" name="menu">
in your layout.

Then in your definition or your jsp you can
assign the path of the jsp with

<put name="left"  value="/path/to/your/jspfile.jsp" />

Hope it works..

SB

--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is
prohibited.