Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2013/11/08 19:40:19 UTC

[REMINDER] Subscribe to the list before sending email to it

There’s a pretty significant amount of emails that have to be moderated right now. This happens when you email one of the mailing lists from an account that is not subscribed.

So, please make sure you email only from addresses which are subscribed to the list please. This will put less of a burden on the moderators.

— leif

Re: [REMINDER] Subscribe to the list before sending email to it

Posted by Yongming Zhao <mi...@gmail.com>.
I have sent many mail with wrong From: mailbox, I’d not expect those mail be moderated, ignore it is just fine for me :D

在 2013年11月9日,下午11:30,Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> 写道:

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On 8 Nov 2013, at 18:40, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> There’s a pretty significant amount of emails that have to be moderated right now. This happens when you email one of the mailing lists from an account that is not subscribed.
>
> So, please make sure you email only from addresses which are subscribed to the list please. This will put less of a burden on the moderators.

No use.  Only subscribers will see your message.

The choices are:
 * the status quo - moderation
 * open the list to spam from anyone
 * just reject mail from non-subscribers

There's no ASF-wide policy, and I expect a lot of lists are configured
by accident of history rather than anyone's choice.

--
Nick Kew