Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Fowler <af...@cc.edu> on 2001/02/13 08:23:39 UTC

Downloading jsp files instead of executing them...

Hey all,

I have just installed tomcat and linked it into apache. I am using mod_jk
instead of mod_jserv and am using ajp13 as the communication protocol.

I have left the default configuration well alone except from changing ajp12
to ajp13 and adding the relevant ajp 13 section into server.xml.

I include the file mod_jk.conf-auto at the bottom of my httpd.conf so I know
that this is working. On start neither apache or tomcat produce any errors
in their log files or on screen.

I have followed all of the documentation to do with mod_jk, tomcat
installation etc. and it still doesn't want to work.

What's happening is that apache isn't passing the jsp files to tomcat for
parsing, it's just serving them to the browser and, thus, the browser tries
to download them!

I haven't got an AddHandler line for jsp files as the mod_jk documentation
didn't say anything about it. Is this correct? If not then what exactly
should I include?

I changed the paths in httpd.conf and mod_jk.conf-auto from TOMCAT_HOME to
the explicit directory as they weren't working! It seems the documentation
has the wrong syntax, either that or Mandrake is retarded!

My system is as follows:-

Mandrake 7.2
kernel-2.4.0-2mdk
Apache-1.3.14-2mdk with frontpage extensions installed and working
tomcat-3.2.1

Any clues of how to link them?

This is for my research project for my BSc in Computer Science and it's very
important I get this issue solved.

Thanks a lot,

Adam.

Adam Fowler