Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/02/12 09:27:50 UTC

RE: mod_jk TC 3.2.2 != TC 3.3 => was RE: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 3.2.2 Rele ase Plan

I didn't received replies to my post on mod_jk differences
between TC 3.3 and TC 3.2.2.

I've proposed to copy all the mod_jk native code from TC 3.3 to
TC 3.2.2 before release. They were many bugs fixed in both
native and java parts, and it will be a pitty to let the release
goes without that fixes.

I think that both Dan and Keith have each time back ported
the Java corrections in tomcat_32 but it must be validated with them.

Another interest, is that mod_jk from TC 3.3 works with the latest
Apache 2.0.

Re: mod_jk TC 3.2.2 != TC 3.3

Posted by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net>.
[I meant to send this to the list on Sunday, but apparently sent it only to
Henri -- I'm sending it here just to keep you all up to date on the
conversation.]

I'm not sure if I support this -- the 3.2.2 release is supposed to be purely
bug fixes.  Some of the work which has gone into mod_jk 3.3 are really new
features (support for WebDAV, for example).

What do you see as the main reason for importing all changes into the 3.2
native code?

I don't particularly want to multiply the codebases we support (and the
differences between them), but, especially since we're nearing a 3.3
release, my instinct is to vote against applying all the 3.3 work to the 3.2
branch.

I will take a look at the diffs and see if there any bug fixes which didn't
make it into 3.2.  I've tried to apply fixes to both branches.

-Dan

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net

RE: mod_jk TC 3.2.2 != TC 3.3 => was RE: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat 3.2.2 Rele ase Plan

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>.
No, it was decided to not start changing the 3.2.x tree.
If people want the fixes, they can always upgrade.

Keith