Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark-Nathaniel Weisman <ma...@outlander.us> on 2002/09/01 11:17:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Redirects.

A little off topic, but I need some help. I have a apache webserver
inside my network behind a NATD/IPFW firewall. NATD routes all mail to
port 80 on it to the webserver with a class C 192.168.x.x address. When
it gets to apache on the webserver, httpd.conf file has a list of
VirtualHosts that it reads and goes to the appropriate directory for
serving up the correct pages. However instead of it reading a local
directory, I want it to look at another box on the same internal network
and serve pages from there. Diagram below:

					   ____|_____ 24.237.x.x
					  | Firewall |
					  |__________|
						 |192.168.1.1

					_______|________
				     |                |
				_____|_____      _____|_____
	Backup Webserver |           |    |           |Main Webserver
	www.domain2.com  |192.168.1.3|    |192.168.1.2|www.domain.com
<VirtualHost>
			     |___________|
|___________|www.domain1.com <VirtualHost>

All I want is the one domain name to route to the other server inside
the network, any and all assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

His servant,
Mark

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Redirects.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> serving up the correct pages. However instead of it reading a local
> directory, I want it to look at another box on the same internal network
> and serve pages from there. Diagram below:

Apart from reprogramming the NAT - Check out proxypass/proxyremote in the
proxy documentation. This may do what you want.

Dw