Posted to user@ant.apache.org by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com> on 2001/08/24 22:51:48 UTC

Re: The cv0f arguments on a Jar? ejbc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edgar Sánchez" <ve...@yahoo.com>
To: <an...@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 1:30 PM
Subject: RE: The cv0f arguments on a Jar?

> java -hotspot weblogic.ejbc -compiler javac -iiop
> build\EJBclient.jar EJBclient.jar
>
>   how do I put this line into my XML build to be
> understood by Ant???

I have the same problem.  Use the ejbc task.  Heck, it doesn't do what it
should do.  Documentation is bad.  That is, hard to follow, understand.  It
is not "clear and concise" with a better example.

Apparently the task wanted an ejb jar file.  Which attribute to state this
in?  No idea, so I use the <include> which had the deployment descriptors in
there already.

EJB1.1  doesn't use serialised deployment descriptors.  Theya re xml based
now, and so the documentation should be updated accordingly, or the task
rewritten.  Should I be using the <weblogic> as a nested element within
<ejbc>.   Not clear.  Confusing.  Only <ejbjar> shows its use in an example.

Perhaps we need to make a requirement that all tasks have user docs written
before submission.  With clear examples, and descriptions.   Also, source
code comments should be clear with no spelling mistakes.  Not too much to
ask!  It may just cut down on mails such as mine.

A better example for weblogic.ejbc can be found at this link:
http://www.mycgiserver.com/~janaudy/jyperion.org/java/ant/

A nice implementation.

Disgruntled beyond belief!

T Master

Re: The cv0f arguments on a Jar? ejbc

Posted by Edgar S�nchez <ve...@yahoo.com>.
 Thank you

--- Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>

http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/OptionalTasks/ejb.html
> [...]
> serialized deployment
> descriptors.
>

> > EJB1.1  doesn't use serialised deployment
> descriptors.
>
> So, don't use the <ejbc> task cause that is what it
> eats.  If you want to
> deal with EJB 1.1 beans, you presumably are using
> weblogic 5.1 or above and
> you need to use the <ejbjar> task.
>
> > Theya re xml based
> > now, and so the documentation should be updated
> accordingly, or the task
> > rewritten.
>
> The task does not need to be rewritten for two
> reasons. The functionality
> required is provided by <ejbjar> and some people are
> still use Weblogic
> 4.5.1.
>
> > Should I be using the <weblogic> as a nested
> element within
> > <ejbc>.
>
> No - why would you think that? The <ejbc> task only
> works under weblogic
> and does not need or support a weblogic element.
>
> > Not clear.  Confusing.  Only <ejbjar> shows its
> use in an example.
>
> You cannot take the presence of a nested element in
> one task and assume
> another task will support that nested element.
>

> > Perhaps we need to make a requirement that all
> tasks have user docs
> written
> > before submission.  With clear examples, and
> descriptions.   Also, source
> > code comments should be clear with no spelling
> mistakes.
>
> You can send patches to correct documentation errors
> or deficiencies. The
> task is documented. It is documented as supporting
> version 4.5.1. No other
> version of weblogic is supported by this task.
>
> > Not too much to
> > ask!  It may just cut down on mails such as mine.
> >
> > A better example for weblogic.ejbc can be found at
> this link:

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~janaudy/jyperion.org/java/ant/

> > A nice implementation.
>
> Nice if you want to run ejbc everytime you do a
> build and nothing has
> changed. That would be a killer in my development
> environment. The author
> talks about this problem but there is no solution. I
> suggest you read the
> <ejbjar> task description and understand how to
> apply it. I am not saying
> it is going to be easy but I think you will find it
> gives you good results.
> I have made changes in the 1.4 version to make it
> handle more ways of
> naming beans.
>
> BTW, the example you give has some issues. It should
> be using log() methods
> rather than System.err.println. Also, it is
> preferable in methods such as
>     public void setEjbjarfile(String jf) {
> to use File arguments. Ant will resolve such files
> relative to the project
> basedir which is generally preferable if you run

=====

"Puedes sentirte desilusionado si fallas, pero est�s condenado si no lo intentas."

"You can get disappointed if you fail down, but you are doomed if you do not try it."

ICQ #  22338121

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: The cv0f arguments on a Jar? ejbc

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
From: "T Master" <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com>

> [...]

> A nice implementation.

Nice if you want to run ejbc everytime you do a build and nothing has
changed. That would be a killer in my development environment. The author
talks about this problem but there is no solution. I suggest you read the
<ejbjar> task description and understand how to apply it. I am not saying
it is going to be easy but I think you will find it gives you good results.
I have made changes in the 1.4 version to make it handle more ways of
naming beans.

BTW, the example you give has some issues. It should be using log() methods
rather than System.err.println. Also, it is preferable in methods such as
    public void setEjbjarfile(String jf) {
to use File arguments. Ant will resolve such files relative to the project
basedir which is generally preferable if you run your build from a

Me too :-)

Conor