Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "David P. Donahue" <dd...@ccs.neu.edu> on 2005/03/15 01:22:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Blocking By Referrer Tag

I've seen plenty of examples via Google, but nothing seems to be working
for me.  Could someone be so kind as to give me an example of what I
need to put (and where I need to put it) in order to make my Apache
1.3.31 server not allow any .jpg files (and other file masks that I can
specify) to be displayed (replace with another image, ideally) unless my
site is the referrer?  This should be global for the whole site, not
just one directory.  Thanks.

Regards,
David P. Donahue
ddonahue@ccs.neu.edu

Re: [users@httpd] Blocking By Referrer Tag

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:22:33 -0500, David P. Donahue
<dd...@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> I've seen plenty of examples via Google, but nothing seems to be working
> for me.  Could someone be so kind as to give me an example of what I
> need to put (and where I need to put it) in order to make my Apache
> 1.3.31 server not allow any .jpg files (and other file masks that I can
> specify) to be displayed (replace with another image, ideally) unless my
> site is the referrer?  This should be global for the whole site, not
> just one directory.  Thanks.

What's to say any example that we give would work any better?  There
is an example in the "Environment variables" document in the main
apache docs.  Why don't you start from there, and tell us what happens
when you try it, including the exact config that you use and any
relevant messages from the error and access logs.

Joshua.