Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Monkan <ma...@ieee.org> on 2008/05/27 18:41:14 UTC

Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I am having trouble reproducing the examples on this website's excel-cocoon
tutorial:

http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/1096

I am using Cocoon 2.1.11 and Tomcat 6.0.

I followed steps 0-4 as explained on the directions on the right side of the
page.

In step 5 I made made changes to these sections of the sitemap.xmap file to
reflect my location paths:

<!-- Execute Primary SQL Query(s) -->
<map:transform type="sql">
  <map:parameter name="dburl"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?autoReconnect=true" />
</map:transform>

<!-- Create Report Serializer Primitives base on data  -->
<!-- After this step, concept of seperate data-blocks no longer exists -->
<map:transform type="xslt" src="render-logic2.xsl">
  <map:parameter name="label" value="{1}"/>
  <map:parameter name="absolute-path" value="C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\cocoon-reports"/>
</map:transform>

I reloaded Tomcat and all the pages work, but the excel document that's
produced by Cocoon is strange. Many excel cells have this text in them:

Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user
'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Does anyone know what causes this? I've attached the reports that were
generated:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17494768/simple.xls simple.xls
http://www.nabble.com/file/p17494768/rich.xls rich.xls

Thanks,
Matt

RE: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Posted by Matthew Monkan <ma...@ieee.org>.
Hi Jeroen,

I tried adding the lines of code you mentioned, but now I am getting
different error messages. This is what I changed (I added lines 4 and 5):

1<!-- Execute Primary SQL Query(s) -->
2<map:transform type="sql">
3     <map:parameter name="dburl"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?autoReconnect=true" />
4     <map:parameter name="username" value="root"/>
5     <map:parameter name="password" value=""/>
6</map:transform>

Here is sitemap.xmap file:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17518615/sitemap.xmap sitemap.xmap

Now I get different error messages in the Excel cells:

"Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306. Is there a MySQL server
running on the machine/port you are trying to connect to?
(java.lang.NumberFormatException)"

I know my port is correct and that my username is "root" and password is "".
My database is named "test" as it should be.

The error message does not look very helpful either; although, I don't know
what (java.lang.NumberFormatException) means.

Did I insert the lines of code into the correct spot?

Here is what the Excel files look like now:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17518615/simple.xls simple.xls
http://www.nabble.com/file/p17518615/rich.xls rich.xls

Thanks,

Matt