Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MarkusJ <Ma...@desy.de> on 2007/05/21 08:32:32 UTC

XML configuration: The element topic : Usage

Hello,

for the startup configuration of topics, the xml configuration file contains
the element 'topic'. This element has got the element 'properties' (type:
spring bean). How do I use this element? I've tried this:

      <topic physicalName="THE_TOPIC">
        <properties>
          <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean">
	    <property name="topic.THE_TOPIC" value="THE_TOPIC" />
          </bean>
        </properties>
       </topic>

Is it correct?

Thank you.

Re: XML configuration: The element topic : Usage

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/21/07, MarkusJ <Ma...@desy.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> for the startup configuration of topics, the xml configuration file contains
> the element 'topic'. This element has got the element 'properties' (type:
> spring bean). How do I use this element? I've tried this:
>
>       <topic physicalName="THE_TOPIC">
>         <properties>
>           <bean
> class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean">
>             <property name="topic.THE_TOPIC" value="THE_TOPIC" />
>           </bean>
>         </properties>
>        </topic>
>
> Is it correct?

The properties property is not really intended for use in spring; its
used to help implement JNDI-storable objects.

>From Spring set the actual properties directly. FWIW there's not a
whole lot that can be configured on a topic or queue object

--
James
-------