Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ankush Chadha <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/09 18:02:28 UTC

requesting help to solve an error

Hi,

I am using subversion along with Apache Ant  and getting the following error

svn: Can't open file 'svn:\\10.120.12.92\repository1\format': The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Initially, I was able to perform all the subversion operations but not now.
Can you tell me the reason behind this error.

Thanks
Ankush

Re: requesting help to solve an error

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 9, 2006, at 20:02, Ankush Chadha wrote:

> I am using subversion along with Apache Ant  and getting the
> following error
>
> svn: Can't open file 'svn:\\10.120.12.92\repository1\format': The
> filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
>
> Initially, I was able to perform all the subversion operations but
> not now. Can you tell me the reason behind this error.

Try forward-slashes instead of backslashes? URLs should always have
forward-slashes, not backslashes, regardless of platform. Other than
that, does the repository in fact exist? Can you see its listing if
you just do this on the command line?

svn ls svn://10.120.12.92/repository1