Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2019/05/14 01:18:57 UTC

Idea: Contribution categories in Kibble

Hi folks,
I had a late night idea (based on a tweet from Shane) that I think will
be great, and so I've started working on it a bit: (code) Contributions
by contribution type. The basic idea would be to start by looking for
commits based on the type of files changed, and sort it into categories
such as code development, documentation, graphic design, road-mapping
(if I can figure that one out :p), and then visualize how contributions
have been made based on which category they fall into. This could later
be coupled with tags on issues/prs and so forth, to create some
visibility into the various ways of contributing to FLOSS.

WDYT?

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: Idea: Contribution categories in Kibble

Posted by sh...@apache.org.
Hi Daniel

+1

Good idea especially with the discussions I've seen on recognition of
non coding contributions. Here at least we are trying to find and
identify them.

Thanks
Sharan