Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jérôme G <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/07 14:00:59 UTC

Question about datastorage

Hello everybody

I use JackRabbit (version 1.5.2) at work.
We use a datastore and a dbPersistenceManager (Oracle)

Until now, I haven't have any problem to use it.
But my boss asked for a new feature...

Is it possible to restore a file after deleting it ?
When I look in the datastore, it seems that the files are still here even
after deletion. And the VERSION_BUNDLE table is not emptied.

My question is how to make the link between the deleted node and the file ?

I hope my english is clear enough !

Regards,
Jerome

Re: Question about datastorage

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> Is it possible to restore a file after deleting it ?
> And the VERSION_BUNDLE table is not emptied.

If you use versioning, the file should still be accessible (in the old version).

Otherwise, you would need to search for the file in the datastore.
When using the FileDataStore, you could do a "grep". Or, add all files
in the data store to Jackrabbit (for example over webdav), and then
use the Jackrabbit fulltext search.

> how to make the link between the deleted node and the file

If the node is deleted, the node is gone.

Regards,
Thomas