Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl> on 2008/06/14 18:12:32 UTC

Java : PeopleService.getPerson, no fields option?

While taking a gander at the java's people handler and service
classes, i noticed the fields param isn't being parsed for the
getPerson case?

If i read the spec correctly you -should- be able to specify the
fields when fetching a single person's object, ie when you request
something like:  /people/john.doe/@self?fields=id, name, foo,bar

Won't someone think of the poor bits on the internet we'd be consuming
when we would always return all person related fields in the
response? :)

	-- Chris

Re: Java : PeopleService.getPerson, no fields option?

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.
So the framework code for this is actually passing down the fields correctly
to the PeopleService. However, our basic people service is sorta lame and
does not use the fields to filter anything... I'll file a bug to fix the
BasicPeopleService to respect the fields.

Thanks Chris!

- Cassie