Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com> on 2009/07/15 19:59:47 UTC

Remove SORBS?

http://www.us.sorbs.net/

It seems SORBS is shutting down.  According to my buddy Rik van Riel
that runs PSBL, SORBS is already shut down.

In any case, we should probably remove it from spamassassin?

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Re: Remove SORBS?

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Warren Togami wrote:

> http://www.us.sorbs.net/
>
> It seems SORBS is shutting down.  According to my buddy Rik van Riel
> that runs PSBL, SORBS is already shut down.
>
> In any case, we should probably remove it from spamassassin?

Is there any more recent word than this?

   Update: 25th June 2009
   The result is at this present time I, Michelle Sullivan, feel that
   SORBS will not close on the date specified, though there maybe some
   small outages around this time.

   Taking my gun away because I *might* shoot someone is like cutting
   my tongue out because I *might* yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater.
                                                   -- Peter Venetoklis
  Tomorrow: the 64th anniversary of the dawn of the Atomic Age

Re: Remove SORBS?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@pccc.com>.
> http://www.us.sorbs.net/
>
> It seems SORBS is shutting down.  According to my buddy Rik van Riel that
> runs PSBL, SORBS is already shut down.
>
> In any case, we should probably remove it from spamassassin?
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami@redhat.com

According to the website:

"The result is at this present time I, Michelle Sullivan, feel that SORBS
will not close on the date specified, though there maybe some small outages
around this time. "

I would hate to remove it just to have the service continuing.

I've cc'd michelle@sorbs.net so we can perhaps get a definitive answer.

Regards,
KAM