Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by devdoer bird <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 13:25:26 UTC

why FairScheduler prefer to schedule MR jobs into the same node?

HI:

I configure the FairScheduler with default settings and my job has 19
 reduce tasks. I found that all the reduce tasks are schedule to run in one
node.

While with default FIFO schedule, the 19 reduce tasks are scheduled into
diffrent nodes.

How can I configure FairSchedule to load more balance?

--
devdoer
devdoer@gmail.com

Re: why FairScheduler prefer to schedule MR jobs into the same node?

Posted by devdoer bird <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Let me try this configuration.  I use the default  setting. Is it
set to true in default settings?

Posted by devdoer bird <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by devdoer bird <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by devdoer bird <de...@gmail.com>.