Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nathan Neulinger <nn...@umr.edu> on 1996/06/10 17:18:24 UTC

Anyone been having problems with Content-length errors?

Has anyone been having any problems with errors like this:

---
[Mon Jun 10 10:02:31 1996] access to
/afs/umr.edu/software/testhttp/apache-80/auth-cgi-bin/cgiwrap failed for
christy-pc.cc.umr.edu, reason: POST or PUT without Content-length:
-----

Unfortunately, we are having this trouble... Have had it with 1.0.5,
1.1b2, and 1.1b3 currently.

It is extremely unpredictable, and when it does happen on a particular
machine (it doesn't seem to affect all, but is spreading) - it repeats
for a bit, then it might work fine. Even worse, not all of the requests
seem to be getting logged. This is happening on more than one machine as
well.

All of the requests that are having this error are returning "Bad
Request" to the client.

I put a sniffer on the segment/machine where the web server is running,
and the request DID have a content-length header.

I haven't taken a look yet at the code where this is being returned... If
anyone else has had this intermittent problem, I'd appreciate some
input/suggestions/etc.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                    Computer Center
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org