Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Adonis Raduca <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/08 16:33:29 UTC

myFaces vs MyFaces ... what do you think ?

Hello

I look on all comments and I seen the majority agree with the MyFaces capital
"M" version.  I know that many of us are familiar with
MyFaces version and I either. I propose the myFaces, small "m" from
the differentiation reasons. Now a days we are invaded with names like MySpace,
MyPortal, MyDocuments, MySomething, MyXxxx. All of them are written with
capital M, small y, after a word that starts with a capital letter. So I tried
to avoid this common pattern and provide myFaces with a distinctive look, which
stands out from the crowd … after all a brand means personality …. we must be open minded ... :)

What do you think ?

Have a nice weekend !
Adonis

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Re: myFaces vs MyFaces ... what do you think ?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I prefer the lower case "m",

Cheers,

Bruno

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
M :)

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
I meant for the bridge logos..  :)  Sorry!

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Adonis,

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, clear - one for all.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: myFaces vs MyFaces ... what do you think ?

Posted by Adonis Raduca <ad...@codebeat.ro>.

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

--
Grant Smith

Re: myFaces vs MyFaces ... what do you think ?

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@apache.org>.
Capital M, always.

Posted by Ernst Fastl <er...@gmail.com>.
I would also go for the "M" since it is a name and not an instance variable :)

Posted by Catalin Kormos <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1 for M  :).

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I'd always call it:

Posted by Adonis Raduca <ad...@codebeat.ro>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

On Dec 8, 2007 8:05 PM, Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I prefer the "M"
>

> On Dec 8, 2007 8:33 AM, Adonis Raduca <ad...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >

> >  I look on all comments and I seen the majority agree with the MyFaces
> > capital "M" version.  I know that many of us are familiar with MyFaces
> > version and I either. I propose the myFaces, small "m" from the
> > differentiation reasons. Now a days we are invaded with names like MySpace,
> > MyPortal, MyDocuments, MySomething, MyXxxx. All of them are written with
> > capital M, small y, after a word that starts with a capital letter. So I
> > tried to avoid this common pattern and provide myFaces with a distinctive
> > look, which stands out from the crowd … after all a brand means personality
> > …. we must be open minded ... :)
> >

> > What do you think ?
> >
> > Have a nice weekend !
> > Adonis