Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pravesh Rai <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/27 14:42:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Exception thrown by Apache

Hi All,

In our case, whenever Apache (2.2.15) on Windows throws any exception
(Access Violation), it leaves the dump files at default Windows location.
The problem is that, the dump file is showing user credential in plain text.
So, would like to know, if there are any ways to avoid this type of exposure
of credential?

FYI, we are using Windows OS based authentication.

Thanks,
PK

Re: [users@httpd] Exception thrown by Apache

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 6/28/2011 7:23 AM, Igor Galić wrote:

> [...]

Well, that would be the sensible solution.

Dumps themselves can always be redirected, that's just a matter of
running drwtsn32 and changing the target path or disabling them
altogether.

Re: [users@httpd] Exception thrown by Apache

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> In our case, whenever Apache (2.2.15) on Windows throws any exception
> (Access Violation), it leaves the dump files at default Windows
> location. The problem is that, the dump file is showing user
> credential in plain text. So, would like to know, if there are any
> ways to avoid this type of exposure of credential?

You could disable dumps.. or you could track down the access
violation and fix it. Maybe a newer version - 2.2.19 is the current
stable - will already do the trick?

> FYI, we are using Windows OS based authentication.

NTML? NTLM? SSPI? Kerberos?

> Thanks,
> PK

Igor Galić