Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mm...@interia.pl on 2003/12/11 16:24:55 UTC

Re: RE: Réf. : The Dependencies are stored in CVS : Preparing Maven Repository Beforehand ???

> Hi Jörg,
> I know what you mean, but for me it wouldn't work. I hope you understand
> the expression "I am against the wall" :-). I need that maven.repo.remote
>
> points to our maven central repository (a web site set up with all the
> dependencies that maven requires by itself). Of course, all the developers
>
> would only need to use this repository the first time they run maven on
> their machines to get everything to run maven.
>
> Regards
> Marcial

maven.repo.remote supports lists of repositories

So you can do (I am not sure if syntax is really correct, but I hope that the idea will be clear)

maven.repo.remote=${basedir}/repo/,http://www.ibiblio.org,http://your_intranet

then either you have to organize your lib folder as maven repo is organized

lib/foo
     jars
       foo-1.0.jar
     baa
       jars
         baa-1.0.jar

or to look closer at maven jar overriding mechanism.

I will try to look at the possiblity of supporting CVS repositories (not necesserly linked with single project as in above example).
But this will have to wait as botr Wagon & SCM subproject matures.

Michal

Re: RE: Réf. : The Dependencies are stored in CVS : Preparing Maven Repository Beforehand ???

Posted by Ma...@guardeonic.com.
Hi Mmaczka,

 I totally agree. I had forgotten that you could provide a comma separated
list of repositories. Jörg was also right.
 The thing is now to check Nicolas' suggestion on using "file://" protocol
to specify a local repository.

 Anyway, I would appreciate if you could please point me where I can find
further information about jar override. I don't know this feature.

 As you says, I need to change the current structure of my lib folder to
be maven compliant.

 Regards

  Marcial

mmaczka@interia.pl