Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by mdbhaskar <md...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/16 11:10:04 UTC

Slide numbers problems for PPTX slides

How to identify the slide numbers using xslf framework and when I use
PPTX2PNG utility the slide numbers are not rendering.
Could you please provide me the solution?

Re: Slide numbers problems for PPTX slides

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
PPTX2PNG should render placeholder shapes ( slide numbers, footer,
datetime, etc.). Please try with the latest build from trunk, XSLF is
a brand new module and many bugs have been fixed since 3.8-beta5.

Yegor

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
SlideNumber is a placeholder shape.

You can iterate over slide placeholders and check their type:

        for(XSLFTextShape sh : slide.getPlaceholders()){
            Placeholder ph = sh.getTextType();
            switch(ph){
                case SLIDE_NUMBER:
                    // this shape represents slide number
                    String text = sh.getText(); // should be slide number
                    break;
                case DATETIME:
                    // this shape represents date / time placeholder
                    break;
            }
        }

Which version of POI are you using? Please try the latest build from
trunk, there have been recent updates in XSLF.

Yegor