Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Moritz Gmelin <mo...@gmx.de> on 2009/06/15 13:53:53 UTC

Redirect from Exception Page (with Tomcat) in 5.1

Hi,

I'd like to have all Exception of my Application handled by its
special ExceptionReport in the way that on the production system the
ExceptionReport directly redirects the user to the start page.
This works well using Jetty as AppServer and checking for the error
reason in beginRender and then sending a redirect.
Using Tomcat this fails and brings a Tomcat 500 error message

java.lang.RuntimeException: Page ExceptionReport did not generate any
markup when rendered. This could be because its template file could
not be located, or because a render phase method in the page prevented
rendering.
The Error did not appear in T5.0.18.

So how can I realize such a redirect from the ExceptionReport page
(which does not get through onActivate) using T5.1 and Tomcat?

Thanks

Moritz