Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2021/05/27 06:33:06 UTC

[VOTE] Retire Subproject Preflight

Hi,

a discussion came up on dev@pdfbox [1] to retire Preflight and I had the
impression that we already reached consensus to do so.

I'd like to run a formal vote so that this topic won't get lost in some mailing
list thread.

Please vote on retiring the subproject Preflight with Apache PDFBox 4.0.0.
The vote is open for the next 7 days and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PDFBox PMC votes are cast.

     [ ] +1 Remove Preflight with Apache PDFBox 4.0.0
     [ ] -1 Do not remove Preflight because...

Here is my +1

Andreas

P.S.: I've extended the voting period to 7 days to ensure that everybody has a
chance to think about it and speak up if necessary.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8abffe02ff4a94be93b7799b589532dc2a3384d6c5cd727bc388250a%40%3Cdev.pdfbox.apache.org%3E

[RESULT][VOTE] Retire Subproject Preflight

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 27.05.21 um 08:33 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Please vote on retiring the subproject Preflight with Apache PDFBox 4.0.0.
    +1 Tilman Hausherr
    +1 Timo Boehme
    +1 Maruan Sahyoun
    +1 Andreas Lehmkühler

Thanks for your support! I'm going to create a ticket.

Andreas

Re: [VOTE] Retire Subproject Preflight

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
+1

and thank the original developers and link to VeraPDF in the
announcement on the website

Tilman

Posted by Timo Boehme <ti...@ontochem.com>.
Hi,

+1

since there wasn't really any development here in the last years and the
efforts of making the PDFBox parser more lenient with broken PDF
documents contradict the specification checks of Preflight

Timo

Am 27.05.21 um 08:33 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> a discussion came up on dev@pdfbox [1] to retire Preflight and I had the
> impression that we already reached consensus to do so.
>
> I'd like to run a formal vote so that this topic won't get lost in some
> mailing list thread.
>
> Please vote on retiring the subproject Preflight with Apache PDFBox 4.0.0.
> The vote is open for the next 7 days and passes if a majority of at
> least three +1 PDFBox PMC votes are cast.
>
>      [ ] +1 Remove Preflight with Apache PDFBox 4.0.0
>      [ ] -1 Do not remove Preflight because...
>
> Here is my +1
>
> Andreas
>
> P.S.: I've extended the voting period to 7 days to ensure that everybody
> has a chance to think about it and speak up if necessary.
>

> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8abffe02ff4a94be93b7799b589532dc2a3384d6c5cd727bc388250a%40%3Cdev.pdfbox.apache.org%3E

OntoChem GmbH
Blücherstraße 24
06120 Halle (Saale)
Germany

email: timo.boehme@ontochem.com | web: www.ontochem.com
                                 | fax: +49 345 478 047 1
HRB 215461 Amtsgericht Stendal  | USt-IdNr.: DE246232735
managing directors: Dr. Lutz Weber (CEO), Dr. Felix Berthelmann (COO)

Re: [VOTE] Retire Subproject Preflight

Posted by "sahyoun@fileaffairs.de" <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
+1

BR
Maruan

Am Donnerstag, dem 27.05.2021 um 08:33 +0200 schrieb Andreas
Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> a discussion came up on dev@pdfbox [1] to retire Preflight and I had
> the
> impression that we already reached consensus to do so.
>
> I'd like to run a formal vote so that this topic won't get lost in
> some mailing
> list thread.
>
> Please vote on retiring the subproject Preflight with Apache PDFBox
> 4.0.0.
> The vote is open for the next 7 days and passes if a majority of at
> least three +1 PDFBox PMC votes are cast.
>
>      [ ] +1 Remove Preflight with Apache PDFBox 4.0.0
>      [ ] -1 Do not remove Preflight because...
>
> Here is my +1
>
> Andreas
>
> P.S.: I've extended the voting period to 7 days to ensure that
> everybody has a
> chance to think about it and speak up if necessary.
>

> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8abffe02ff4a94be93b7799b589532dc2a3384d6c5cd727bc388250a%40%3Cdev.pdfbox.apache.org%3E

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827