Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Harding, Christopher (Student Assistant)" <Ch...@softwareag.com> on 2000/10/20 19:13:20 UTC

Repository.

Hello,
  I'm just started using WebDav and I came across slide. I think this is a
great peice of software. I'm interested in finding out how I could use side
to access my own repository. Can someone please give me some recomendations
on how to go about doing this.

  Thanxs in advance.

  Chris Harding

Re: Repository.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hello,
>   I'm just started using WebDav and I came across slide. I think this is a
> great peice of software. I'm interested in finding out how I could use
side
> to access my own repository. Can someone please give me some
recomendations
> on how to go about doing this.

You have to implement a few interfaces which are in
src/share/org/apache/slide/store.

There are some sample implementations I'm using for testing in src/stores.
I'll add at least one more (a filesystem repository) in the next few days.

If you end up starting the project, and if your repository is reasonably
generic, I would be interested if you contributed back your work.

Remy

Re: Repository.

Posted by Gary Bickford <ga...@fxt.com>.
Chris,
A group of folks on this list are also participating in a project to build an
asset management system, an application that is planned to use Slide.  It's at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/mediaplace.  Join that list as well as
this one, if you're interested.  We're in early days at this point.

GB

--
"The time from now until the completion of the project tends to become constant."
 - Douglas Hartree

Gary E Bickford, mailto:garyb@fxt.com.
Websystems, content/asset management systems
PHP, XML, Apache, Tomcat, SQL, JSP
FXT Corp, http://www.fxt.com, tel. 541-383-2749