Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <je...@migasia.com> on 2003/02/17 06:22:24 UTC

Deployment question

Within a deployment descriptor, why is that you can only have one
"provider" node under the same id?

What can I do if I want different classes to service different methods
under the same id, like this:

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="urn:myid" type="message">
        <isd:provider type="java"
            scope="Application"
            methods="SubmitReq CancelReq">
            <isd:java class="com.company.SOAPService1"/>
        </isd:provider>
        <isd:provider type="java"
            scope="Application"
            methods="DeliverReq DeliveryReportReq ReadReplyReq">
            <isd:java class="com.company.SOAPService2"/>
        </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>
</isd:service>

Re: Deployment question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The id is the TargetObjectURI in the client request.  That value is
used by the server to determine the provider and Java class to use to
service the call.  The method being called is not used to resolve the
provider or class.  The SOAPAction header is not used at all.

It does not have to be this way, of course, but it is the technique
chosen when development started and has not been changed.

On 17 Feb 2003 at 16:22, Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote:

> Within a deployment descriptor, why is that you can only have one
> "provider" node under the same id?
>
> What can I do if I want different classes to service different methods
> under the same id, like this:
>
> <isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
> id="urn:myid" type="message">
>         <isd:provider type="java"
>             scope="Application"
>             methods="SubmitReq CancelReq">
>             <isd:java class="com.company.SOAPService1"/>
>         </isd:provider>
>         <isd:provider type="java"
>             scope="Application"
>             methods="DeliverReq DeliveryReportReq ReadReplyReq">
>             <isd:java class="com.company.SOAPService2"/>
>         </isd:provider>
>
> <isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>
> </isd:service>

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.