Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/03/29 07:19:03 UTC

LDAP Security Service

Hi,

There is now an incomplete LDAP security service implementation
in CVS. This code was contributed by Gluecode, I have cleaned
it up a bit so hopefully Andre and the Gluecode team can work
together to make the LDAP service fully operational.

By fully operational I mean that users/roles/groups/permissions
can be administered. Right now the only thing the LDAP service
can do is authenticate which is a fine start, but far from
being complete.

I can work on it a bit, but a good start would be for the
Gluecode people to post some LDIF dumps that could be
used to initialize an LDAP server. A schema would also
probably need to be developed in order to store the
roles/groups/permissions and their relationships.

Rafal might have some thoughts, Andre do you have anything
to contribute here? And Leon, do want to maybe put in
a note to say where you would like to see this go?

Hopefully the code won't become orphaned. I would like
to see the LDAP security service fly and I have some
time to contribute. I think I might be able to help
in the area of merging any code that different parties
might have right now ...

Anyway, the code is in. Further contributions and comments
are welomce :-)

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl