Posted to user@carbondata.apache.org by ε–œδΉ‹ιƒŽ <25...@qq.com> on 2018/08/06 10:52:18 UTC

questions about multi thriftserver query same table

Hi community,
I want to ask 2 questions:
1. Can I use 2 thriftserver query the same carbon table? Is there some problems or risks  when we query same carbon table using 2 thriftserver? PS: this table is batch insert and have billions of records.

2. Can we use direct java api    to insert records to carbondata without spark?  If we can, how is performance?

Re: questions about multi thriftserver query same table

Posted by xuchuanyin <xu...@hust.edu.cn>.
1. I think it's OK to query one table through two sessions.

2.You can refer to Carbon-SDK. The performance is undocumented now. You can
try it and give feed back. If it is below expectation, we may try to
optimize it later.