Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mariana Gheorghe <ma...@crispico.com> on 2013/09/03 10:17:34 UTC

Disconnect issues on mobile devices

Hello,

We've posted before about a streaming error that we get with our mobile
app on Android mobile devices only. We've decided to investigate it
further, and created some simple dummy projects (server - Java + Tomcat
+ BlazeDS, client - Flex mobile app), and we've managed to reproduce the
issue. When testing on mobile devices, we experience a periodical
disconnect every ~30s, due to a streaming error; it works just fine on
the desktop simulator however, which lead us to believe that it is maybe
an AIR issue?

The streaming channel disconnects periodically (and reconnects) after
getting an IOErrorEvent with the following message:

Error #2032: Stream Error. URL:
http://csp22:8080/org.flowerplatform.web.app/messagebroker/streamingamf;jsessionid=9DB90C572CF08318DB6A23FCD410503E?command=open&version=1

Again, this only happens on mobile devices (tablet, smartphone), and not
on the desktop simulator.

Attached are server and client logs. If anyone is interested in
reproducing the issue, I can email our dummy projects as well.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Disconnect issues on mobile devices

Posted by Mariana Gheorghe <ma...@crispico.com>.
On 03.09.2013 13:05, Maurice Amsellem wrote:
> Did you set<login-after-disconnect>true</login-after-disconnect>
> In the Channel definition in services-config.xml ?

No, we handle authenticating after disconnect ourselves. This shouldn't
have anything to do with it, though, as we can reproduce the issue on a
dummy app without authentication.

Does anyone have any leads or ideas, or has encountered this kind of
issue with the streaming channel on mobile devices? I have attached our
dummy projects, if anyone is interested to reproduce this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Mariana

RE: Disconnect issues on mobile devices

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Did you set   <login-after-disconnect>true</login-after-disconnect>
In the Channel definition in services-config.xml ?

Maurice

Posted by Mariana Gheorghe <ma...@crispico.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.