Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ra...@toyota-europe.com on 2009/12/04 16:49:45 UTC

Script generation using Maven

Folks

I am wondering of you can help me.... I would like to be able to generate
some script actions based on a list of changed files for a build

Let say I have two new files checked out of subversion (these are the new
/ updated files):

file0.txt
file1.txt # ** updated
file2.txt
file3.txt # ** new

I then want to generate some actions using the basename and normal of each
file thus:

do something on file1 file1.txt and then do the next # Yes the only
variables are file / base names!
do something on file3 file3.txt and then do the next # Yes the only
variables are file / base names!

and then have the results fed to the shell (or some other executable) -
OK, I confess: it is a deployment for a very non-standard tool!

I don't want to deploy the files that are not new.  It is of course
possible to check out the diff files in a temporary directory if that
helps!

I can of course write this in a variety of languages or create a MOJO....
but I rather hope that someone else has done that already using Maven and
can help to deliver from my ignorance !!

Thanks in advance

Ray