Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by Re...@nokia.com on 2002/10/08 11:17:33 UTC

Couldn't start Apache Web Server

Hi All,

I am new to mod_dtcl and would like to know if steps i followed were correct for using mod_dtcl. I am using Linux platform.

1. Downloaded and compiled tcl8.4.0
2. Downloaded and compiled Apache web server ( 1.3.22) with DSO support.
3. Downloaded and compiled mod_dtcl. Copied mod_dtcl.so in /lib.
4. Added "LoadModule dtcl_module /lib/mod_dtcl.so" in httpd.conf file.
5. Restarted HTTP server.

Upon restarting the server, i am getting following message:

Cannot load /lib/mod_dtcl.so into server: /lib/mod_dtcl.so: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Reema.

Re: Couldn't start Apache Web Server

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
<Re...@nokia.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to mod_dtcl and would like to know if steps i followed were
> correct for using mod_dtcl. I am using Linux platform.

Which Linux distribution?  There are mod_dtcl .deb's and rpm'.s
available.  That's the easiest way to get started.

> 1. Downloaded and compiled tcl8.4.0

I haven't had time to update everything to Tcl 8.4.  I suggest that
you try first with 8.3.4.  Hopefully I will be able to get to this by
next week.

> 2. Downloaded and compiled Apache web server ( 1.3.22) with DSO
> support.

You should use 1.3.27, as it fixes a couple of security holes.

> 3. Downloaded and compiled mod_dtcl. Copied mod_dtcl.so in /lib.
> 4. Added "LoadModule dtcl_module /lib/mod_dtcl.so" in httpd.conf file.

Did you also add the corresponding AddModule line?

> 5. Restarted HTTP server.
>
> Upon restarting the server, i am getting following message:
>
> Cannot load /lib/mod_dtcl.so into server: /lib/mod_dtcl.so:
> undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup

You are sure that you are compiling against the correct version of
Apache, and not any other older headers?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/