Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/06 14:30:39 UTC

How to handle EJB WS Exceptions ?

Hi All,

I have one basic doubt in exposing EJB's as document/literal web
services. Say I expose an ejb  method named callback() as web service.
Now say if callback() throws some system/application exceptions that
developer does not handle explicity may be like runtime exceptions
then how does the web service should respond to the client under such
scenarios ?  Does AXIS can handle this for us ?

I think we can create our own exceptin classes and handle them so that
developer can take care of catching such exceptions and converting
them to AXIS Fault and throwing to client but I am basically looking
for catching and intimating to client of some exceptions which we
cannot catch/handle may be like callback() method calls say a method
dummyCallback() which may throw' a exception of which the developer is
not aware of ...

Also,

Please suggest ...

Thanks & Regards,