Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Bastian Fiebig <fi...@reduxnet.de> on 2002/09/25 13:03:34 UTC

Xindice CVS-Tree, RPC

Hello

I have always problems to respond Xindice (CVS) over XPC.

I use the following code

import java.util.*;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.*;

public class Client {
        XmlRpcClient  client = new XmlRpcClient("http://localhost:8080/Xindice");
                Vector params = new Vector();
        params.addElement("/db/ordersystem");
        Integer result = (Integer) client.execute("getCollectionCount", params);
        System.out.println(result);
                System.out.println("Fertig");

        }
}

But i received this error message:
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
  org.apache.xindice.server.rpc.RPCMessageInterface.getCollectionCount(java.lang.String)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at Client.main(Client.java:18)
Exception in thread "main"

As I wrote some days ago, the Database is running fine. But if I point
at localhost:8080/Xindice. I get a NullPointerException in doGet in
Line  205.

As I understand, this Servlet must running correct to perform XRC.
In the mailing list I read, that it is possible to replace the CVS
xindice.jar with the 1.0 xindice.jar. But if I perform it,
the Database isn't running.

Please help me with my problem. I have to check Xindice for a Company
with 250 employee, Which need a decision to use Xindice in a million
Euro project.

--
Best regards,
 Bastian                          mailto:fiebig@reduxnet.de