Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by trupti pardeshi <tr...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/24 18:42:31 UTC

Error while Crawl Command in NUTCH 2.1...

Hi,

I typed following command for crawling in NUTCH 2.1...My OS is UBUNTU
12.10..

command : bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 3 -topN 5

But i am getting error that :

crawl : No such file or directory...

I do not have crawl directory in bin/nutch...

Please now what should i do next??

Awaiting for reply...

Thank you so much....

Re: Error while Crawl Command in NUTCH 2.1...

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
I believe that you were following the steps given on nutch wiki page[0] and
you have performed the pre-requisite steps before triggering a crawl.
Please verify the same.
Also,
1. Are you using the binary distribution or source distribution ?
2. From which directory are you running the crawl command ?
3. Have you verified the installation using  "bin/nutch" command ?
4. Have you created a file named "urls" with the seeds urls ?
5. The crawl command tries to creates a directory for storing the crawled
info. The "-dir" option specifies the same. I your case it will try to
create a directory with name "crawl". The "No such file or directory" would
make no sense as its expected that the directory is not present before.

[0] : http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial

Thanks,
Tejas Patil
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaspatil1