Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by dhning <dh...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/23 11:57:06 UTC

Is it possible to prevent the render method in parent component from being invoked?

Hi,

First I know it is a feature that parent method is prior to child's.

I need to extend GridPager component because the action link in GridPager doesn't have a context parameter,
so the context info of the link is very limited(only the page No.). And I don't like to persist context in session.

The case is that in a user list page with search function and Grid component, user input keyword username,
role and so on, and then click 'search' button, the relevant result will be shown in a Grid's page 1,
but when  user clicks page 2, the search keyword is missing, then the result is wrong which is not expected.

So I extend GridPager to provide context to actionlink,
but because it (as parent) implements a method beginRender() which is always invoked by Tapestry5 ahead of my GridPager's beginRender(),
so now there would be two pager generated in list page.

So is there a way to prevent the render method in parent from being invoked? And how?

And what's the best practice here dealing with search funcion with Grid? Anyone please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

DH