Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jan Bares <he...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/16 12:33:07 UTC

What is the purpose of svnadmin deltify?

Hi,

can someone describe me when one should use svnadmin deltify? The
description in the SVN book gave me no clue (the same as help for deltify).

Thanks, Jan

Re: What is the purpose of svnadmin deltify?

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Jan Bares wrote:
> can someone describe me when one should use svnadmin deltify? The
> description in the SVN book gave me no clue (the same as help for
> deltify).

'svnadmin deltify' is not needed in normal operation.

In the past, at times, Subversion repositories have not automatically
deltified changes that are committed. Nowadays they do. So this
command is there to manually run deltification on such repositories.

-- Naked