Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Somasundaram, Karthik (ISS Mountain View)" <ks...@iss.net> on 2004/01/08 02:27:48 UTC

apr rmm

Any of you have experience in using RMM(Relocatable Memory Module) to create link list and hash tables and access it across processes on Windows or Solaris environments.

I don't see much documentation on the web.

Let me know.

Thanks
karthik

Re: apr rmm

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Somasundaram, Karthik (ISS Mountain View) wrote:

> Any of you have experience in using RMM(Relocatable Memory Module) to
  create link list and hash tables and access it across processes on
  Windows or Solaris environments.

Not heard of that one, but that's something of a hot topic.  I've been
wondering - without reaching any firm conclusion - whether mpool(3)
might serve the same purpose.

Is RMM a two-platform-only thing?  If so it's unlikely to be of much
interest for APR (look up the P:-), but could be worth writing a
module to exploit it.

--
Nick Kew