Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "McBride, Devin (TS)" <De...@ngc.com> on 2010/05/20 20:05:27 UTC

WSDL2Java Problem: Cannot generate single element complex type

I have a complex class that, for the time, only holds a single element.
While WSDL2Java runs successfully (without errors) no stub is created
for this complex type.  Further, a call to this operation returns a type
of the element being held by the complex type, rather than the complex
type itself.

While troubleshooting, I was able to 'fix' this by adding any second
element.  Running WSDL2Java then creates the class for the complex type.
Obviously since is not the fix I want, I'm wondering if there is a way
around this - specifically: I want a complex type to be created that
holds a single element.

The odd thing about this is I was able to generate a complex Request
Type with a single element just fine - the Response Type is the only one
having an issue.  By design?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Devin

RE: WSDL2Java Problem: Cannot generate single element complex type

Posted by "McBride, Devin (TS)" <De...@ngc.com>.
My apologies - I should have specified, we are not yet on Axis2 (cannot
upgrade for the foreseeable time).  We are currently on Axis WS 1.4.

In this example

IS generated: GeoCoordsFromModelRunIDRequestType

NOT generated: GeoCoordsFromModelRunIDResponseType

If I add a 2nd element to the Response operation, then the above
response type is generated without issues.

Notice the above request type contains only a single element and is
generated without issues.

If this is, perhaps, just an unfixed bug in WS1.4 - then it sounds like
I'll just need to add a 2nd element and simply not use it for the time
being.

Thank you in advance,

Devin

Post the relevant segment of your WSDL and the parameters used to call
wsdl2java.

I use Axis2 to generate a lot of complex types with a single element
without problems

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
also please post *any* xsds e.g. <xsd:include schemaLocation="something.xsd" />
your wsdl includes

Martin Gainty

Posted by Jorge Medina <ce...@gmail.com>.