Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2015/03/15 16:20:24 UTC

VSL files and new-style.css

Hi,

in the two files xdocs/stylesheets/site.vsl and
xdocs/stylesheets/site_printable.vsl there is still a reference to the
previous style.css:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$cssdir/style.css"/>

Should this be changed to new-style.css? I'm not really sure about when
the vsl files are used and when the xsl files, but it seems for the sake
of consistency the file name should be adjusted in the vsl files.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: VSL files and new-style.css

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 16.03.2015 um 10:48 schrieb Rainer Jung:
> Am 16.03.2015 um 01:50 schrieb sebb:
>> On 15 March 2015 at 15:20, Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in the two files xdocs/stylesheets/site.vsl and
>>> xdocs/stylesheets/site_printable.vsl there is still a reference to the
>>> previous style.css:
>>>
>>> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$cssdir/style.css"/>
>>>
>>> Should this be changed to new-style.css? I'm not really sure about
>>> when the
>>> vsl files are used and when the xsl files, but it seems for the sake of
>>> consistency the file name should be adjusted in the vsl files.
>>
>> Originally there were both XSL and VSL files for both site docs and
>> printable docs (as used by JMeter itself).
>> The XSL stylesheets were gradually phased out for both, as it was
>> easier to maintain the VSL files.
>>
>> The site refresh now uses XSL again.
>> However the printable docs still use VSL as  far as I am aware, and
>> the new style sheet is *not* applicable.
>
> OK, so I understand that adjusting the vsl to use the new style sheet
> would not be the right thing to do.
The printable docs are used by the java html renderer, which can't be
used with the css/div style html of the web page.

On the reasoning, why I chose xsl in favor of vsl, since I know xsl and
found it easier to implement the templating. If we whish to continue
with vsl, I can try to rebuild the site with vsl (not the printable
docs, of course).

Regards
  Felix

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.